Special Aid

Are you unemployed and need government-funded training? If you answered yes to this question read on.

In 1998 the Federal Government passed the Workforce Investment ACT, which mandated the federal government through state departments of employment would pay to retrain workers who have been laid off. Receiving this government funded training will not affect your unemployment benefits.

If you are in need of assistance regarding job training, contact your local One-Stop office located in a city where you live. The San Jose area has One-Stop offices available to provide information regarding government training assistance to help you with a new career. Your One-Stop office has funding available for students who want to retrain in the field of computer technology.

If you want to receive more information about this program, please email or telephone SJPU for more information. Your next stop after calling us is your One-Stop employment office located near you.

San Jose Polytechnic University is listed on CalJobs and the EDD’s i-train.org website as an approved training provider. Students must qualify from their assigned EDD/Career One Stop center for the approved training program. Students can visit the Caljobs website at www.caljobs.ca.gov or www.careeronestop.org to locate the nearest career one stop center. An eligibility questionnaire or qualifying brochure can be obtained either from EDD’s website or by calling (866) 333-4606 or (800) 300-5616.