We appreciate your interest in pursuing a graduate career at San Jose Polytechnic University. In this section you will find our our application process and requirements, and important deadlines and forms related to applying for graduate admission.
For the purpose of admission, applicants are all U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and all visa holders (example: H1b, H4, F2, or refugee etc.) that are not applying for or currently hold an F-1 or J-1 Visa.
Graduate Admission Requirements:
To be considered for admission into SJPU, graduate applicants must meet the minimum SJPU Eligibility requirements.
- The completion of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in the U.S. recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or a Bachelor's degree granted from a university that has been recognized by the appropriate government agency in that country.
- Applicants who have received a bachelor's degree from a non-English speaking country must submit original transcripts evaluated by an NACES approved transcript evaluation agency and current scroes from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) examination. Test scores over three years old will no be accepted as a graduate admission decision. These applicants must submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 550 for the paper based test, 213 for the computer based test or 79 for the internet based test (iBT) and the currently reported mean score for the Test of Spoken English (TSE).Please note that the Admissions Department may waive these requirements if English Language competency is demonstrated during the application or interview process.
- Hold a GPA of at least 2.5 (from the 0.0 - 4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed.
Apply to SJPU
STEP 1 - Decide what program you want to apply
STEP 2 - Look at our deadlines to know when you have to submit your application and document requirements.
STEP 3 - Submit a completed Application for Admission along with the US$ 50.00 application Fee. You may only apply to one program per application term.
- The fee is non-refundable, even if your application is withdrawn or denied.
- The fee is only used for the admission term indicated on the submitted application.
- Fee waivers are not available at this time.
STEP 4 - Submit required documents
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (must be in a sealed envelop and send to school directly from the writer)
- Personal Essay describing the importance of obtaining a graduate degree
- Official Academic Transcripts and Transcript Evaluation (if necessary) from each college of university attended. These Official Transcripts must be send directly from the sending institution directly to the SJPU office of Admission. If the transcripts are from a country where English is not the primary language, if necessary, they must be translated and course by course evaluated by an approved evaluation service such as World Education Service (WES). All domestic official transcripts must be received no later than the first day of class of the entering semester. Official foreign transcripts and evaluations may be accepted prior to the end of the entering semester. Official foreign transcripts and evaluations may be accepted prior to the end of the first semester of enrollment; however, an unofficial transcript must be received prior to the first day of class.
- Two (2) Passport-size Photograph
- Resume or curriculum vitae listing previous occupations, positions held, previous education,with start and finish dates;
STEP 5 - Interview with the Academic Dean and/or Program Director.
Tracking Your Application
Application Status: For inquiries about your application status, please contact email@example.com.
Completing your Application: Your application will not be considered complete or evaluated until we have ALL documents state above. You will be able to see what documents we require on the "Admission Checklist" on the last page of the application form. Please note: Records submitted in support of the application become the property of the university and will not be returned to the applicant/student.
Evaluating your Application: After you complete your application, it will be evaluated for minimum university admission requirements. (please see above "Admissions Eligibility").