Home » ESL Application Overview
An applicant to the English as a Second Language (ESL) program at SJPU must have completed at least a high school education or GED.
Students applying for admission to the ESL Program must observe the following admission procedures:
1. Complete and submit the application form to the SJPU Admissions Office. The application form is available in the Admissions Office.
2. Submit an official copy of high school diploma. In the absence of a high school diploma, submit an attestation statement and documentation evidencing completion of high school education such an official transcript or GED.
3. Pay the $50 application fee to the SJPU Admissions office. The application fee is non-refundable.
1. A completed Application for Admission along with the US$50.00 non-refundable application fee.
2. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation.
3. Personal Essay describing the importance of obtaining a graduate degree.
4. Official Academic Transcripts and Transcript Evaluations* (if necessary) from each college of university attended. These Official Transcripts must be sent directly from the sending institution directly to the SJPU Office of Admission.
If the transcripts are from a country where English is not the primary language, if necessary, they must be translated and course by course evaluated by an approved evaluation service such as World Education Service (WES).
All domestic official transcripts must be received no later than the first day of class of the entering semester. Official foreign transcripts and evaluations may be accepted prior to the end of the first semester of enrollment; however, an unofficial transcript must be received prior to the first day of class.
5. Two Passport-size Photograph.
6. Resume or curriculum vitae listing previous occupations, positions held, previous education, with start and finish dates.
7. Interview with the Academic Dean and/or Program Director.
All inquiries about application or admissions process should be directed to:
San Jose Polytechnic University
Office of Admissions
1631 North 1st Street, Suite 100
San Jose, CA 95112
Applications will not be processed and reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee until all documents have been received along with the application fee.
Deadlines for graduate admission applications are listed below:
For 2017 Spring trimester admission deadline: December 9, 2016
For 2017 Summer trimester admission deadline: April 7, 2017
For 2017 Fall trimester admission deadline: August 11, 2017