Home » About SJPU
The mission of San Jose Polytechnic University is to provide the advanced education opportunities in graduate-level degree and certificate programs that enable full-time and working adult students to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve their professional goals, improve the productivity of their organizations, and provide the leadership and service to their communities.
The Institutional Objectives of SJPU are accomplished by leveraging SJPU’s expertise in the technology sectors to:
1. Provide students with faculty who are experts in their field and are
currently working in the high tech industry and global business sectors;
2. Provide students with a learning environment that utilizes the latest
available technology in use in the work place;
3. Prepare students with the practical skills necessary for performing at the
highest levels in their chosen profession;
4. Develop the capacity for independent and critical thinking;
5. Promote entrepreneurship by encouraging new ideas for product development;
6. Develop an understanding of the need to be a “life long learner”.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Graduates of SJPU engineering programs will be able to:
1. Evaluate the effectiveness of a designed experiment and the implications of the resulting data.
2. Verify and justify the solution to a complex computer engineering problem, including the use of appropriate tools and techniques.
3. Develop and evaluate new, advanced technical knowledge in a specialized area of computer engineering.
4. Synthesize and explain the relevance and application of new, advanced technical knowledge in both technical and non-technical terms.
San Jose Polytechnic University (SJPU) is located in the center of Silicon Valley. The main campus in San Jose is surrounded by a high-technology industry and many professional and business development activities.
In this area, you may find the world class Stanford University nearby and San Francisco, Oakland, and Berkeley are less than an hour travel by a car or the public transportation.
In addition, the Pacific beaches of Santa Cruz are about 30 miles away and also the San Jose International Airport is just few minutes drive away from the campus.
The University is close to freeways I-87, I-101, and I-880 and those freeways are easily accessed through the main street – North 1st Street. The abundant parking areas are fully landscaped to provide convenient traffic flow and easy building access.